Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some lovely new wintery skirts





Finally - some new skirts to send to new homes, via the delightfully special and charming Georgie Love. They should be available sometime in the next week or so here:

This lot have been inspired by some extra-special fabrics collected by myself and my mumma, the cool, yet sunny early-winter days which ALWAYS get me excited about new clothes, and the idea that, hey! Winter skirts should be full of flowers as well! There's such a strange inclination amongst designer-folk to make winter clothes kind of grey... Why so? Winter for me means broad beans stretching out in the garden, the tree marigold in full bloom, bluest of blue skies, cups of tea and roaring fires. Colourful, no? Also, I'm pretty sure that red skirts are warmer than grey ones.
Not to say I don't like grey. My favourite skirt ever, 'Stormy Seas' is grey (with red sailboats) and a couple of the newbies ('Whales in Love' and 'Birds in Love') are made from a lusciously toasty grey wool, but I just can't get enough of sunny days - no matter the season.


1 comment:

  1. Oh these look beautiful! Very excited! timely too as the last ones just flew out of the door!!!

    ReplyDelete