Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dear Bec



I finished your top last night! I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I think the olive was an excellent choice!
the fabric I chose for the sleeves is a little beauty that I picked p from repro depot years ago. I love it, but I realise that little ducks aren't everyone's cup of tea, so I've been reluctant to use it. But I knew you'd love it because you are SO FUN to sew for, because you are absolutely not scared of cute and/or kitsch (2 of my favourite things).
I used red bias binding on the inside of the neck, so a little extra flash, and to bring out the little head-scarf worn by the mother duck. I know! A head scarf on a duck! Cute central!


And thank you SO much for sending the remnants of that other fabric, especially the donkeys, which I was absolutely in love with when I sewed your skirt. I can't wait to work with it again... and I think this time I'm going to use it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment