When I first started making sock bunnies I was making them for EVERYONE. Seriously, I was obsessed. Then I kind of got over it, because everyone I knew already had a sock bunny, so I had to stop. But then people started kids, thereby creating a whole new generation of people who don't already have sock bunnies! Yee har!
Things I like about the sock bunny (or other sock animal, if you're that way inclined and, unlike me, can move beyond single-species sock-crafting):
* You can use your "I-lost-my-partner-somewhere" lonesome socks. Nothing better than giving something a new life.
* The lips!!! They're made from the heel of the sock! Hilarious!!!!
* Every one you make will have a different character, and you won't know the character of the bunny until it's finished. Cool.
* You can tie ribbons on its ears!
* Kids love 'em, though I suspect Ilo was moderately freaked out when he first saw the bunny, he did eventually give it a cuddle and name it Bubba.
* They're easy to sew while you're doing something else, like watching the terrible ending of series 4 of Big Love.
So next time you find a lone sock, make it into a bunny or some such. It's worth it.