Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunshiny wedding frocks ahoy



It was a dark and dreary morning, and I was tired and didn't feel like working on a sunday, but I still made the effort to drag myself to Wollongong council chambers to run a natural baby care workshop. And boy am I glad I made the effort! My lovely friend Ally came along, and we got talking about her wedding plans, and she asked me to make her wedding dress. What a precious honour! I have made a couple of wedding frocks in my time, and it is seriously one of the most fun and rewarding things a crafty lady can do.
Ally is a gorgeous, sunshiny, inspiring and smart woman who, with her equally gorgeous and inspiring partner, Richard, takes care of a startlingly spectacular permaculture garden in Unanderra. Check out their extra-special work at www.happyearth.com.au
It is lovely!
SOOOOO when she said that she and Richard were planning on getting married in said gorgeous garden, in sunny November, I thought of this bright yellow dress that I'd made about a year ago. I LOVED it. So golden and bright, made from a linen tablecloth and a tea-towel, it was a gorgeous weight, and fitted really well because the top is cut on the bias. I modelled the design based on a 1950s vintage dress pattern, and I've made a few dresses from the same pattern because it's so darn great.
So we're having a brainstorming luncheon, to look through my fabrics, draw some pictures, and hopefully get started on something beautiful for her to wear on her extra-special day of love!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Annie,
    Congratulations on your blog. I particularly love the owls. Hope to see lots more gorgeous pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there my creative one,
    LOVE your blog...I'm looking forward to hunting down some more treasures for you
    xxmumma
    ps on these cold winter mornings I can really relate to this gorgeous Olive Cotton photo 'warmth'. I'm soaking up the winter sun every chance I get...

    ReplyDelete